Sunday, 2 November 2008

life goes on

I'm back..

A few weeks down the line. Bridget has had 3 lots of Chemotherapy and she has been losing hair for a while now. I am not allowed to show pictures of her with out permission, nor am I allowed to to shave my head.

Apparently I look like a thug with a bald head and big ears. But what are Dads for if not to embarrassing their children. My next entry will include a couple of pictures if I do not get caught first €:~0 . So watch this space. lol

We have started a charity and already I have started making a collection at work, along with some donations of items for sale. More details will be posted, along with pictures of our fund raising events.

I cannot imagine how tired Bridget is with all her treatment especially with more to come, but I am shattered. Hard work being a dad and I thought it got easier as they got older. Oh well ever forward. A busy week ahead for Bridget, a flu jab Monday, blood tests Tuesday and Thursday back to UCHL for some more tests which means .... Ah, peace and quiet for a while. Seriously Bridget has to have some bone marrow removed for testing, along with a lumber punch. Which is the removal of some fluid from around the spine and another test.
I look forward to spending he day with her but not only that, the breakfast is quite good at the hospital. Sorry Bridget... you cannot eat after midnight. Although I will wait until you go in for your tests before I go down to breakfast. };-)

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I'll be sprinting down to that cafe once I'm awake! You can't keep me away from their cheap toast, heheh. I'm surprised I don't get tempted by the mcdonalds opposite, I can see it through the windows in the cafe. I can't wait to go back to the museum and get a proper look at the eqyptian area! I liked learning about them in school. Need more postcards, as well. But must see the items before I buy a postcard of them, hahah, otherwise it's abit silly of me. Wooo. All excited now despite my sore belly. I'll stop writing this comment before it turns into a mini story. :D