Hi,
just checking in for a little bit of a ramble. It has been a while since I posted anything so here I go.
Bridget and I have had a few trips down to UCLH for her lumbar punctures. Tiring for me and I am only doing the driving. Bridget gets all the treatments - chemotherapy etc. A couple of times she has had to stay in which meant my going home alone and returning the next day to collect her. The time cannot pass quick enough.
I have had to complain about the blood they have been giving her at the hospitals! It shouldn't happen these days with safety measures in place. Well she was a vegetarian when she went in and now she is a meat eater again. I remember at the beginning asking them to make sure that they only gave her vegetarian's blood €:~) .
Having said that the blood must be pretty good because whenever they try to take some back Bridget closes down all her veins and they have quite a fight on their hands to get any out of her. I find it hard to understand everything and as such I have started taking self taught lessons from the net about her condition. I find it helps. }:~)
I am not getting to see much of our Great capital but I am getting used to the route and Bridget and I are becoming quite familiar with the layout of shops and roads. I am looking forward to another journey to the British Museum soon! when Bridget is up to it.
Things are getting me down at the moment, but then people have always said that I should get down of my high horse from time to time. I can accept that, but I did not expect it to be such a painful fall when it did happen.
We have started a charity to help other teenagers with leukaemia and have had a great response from the people in the Manningtree and Lawford area, with every thing from donated items to people buying some of those items. Thank you all for all and any help. A big thank you to Mr. Terry Farthing who has kindly helped me out with everything from the loan of a car to the use of free space in his Manningtree High street shop to display the items for sale along with the first donation jar, which when emptied after the first month raised over £30.
Well enough rambling for now thank you for reading this. See you soon?
Thursday, 27 November 2008
Rambling
Labels:
blood,
bridget,
charity,
chemotherapy,
Farthing,
lawford,
leukaemia,
lumbar puncture,
manningtree,
UCLH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I finally got round to coming onto the blogs again! I need to update mine. :/ Seems like we both need to update it, actually. Heh, we'll go to the museum again soon. :]
Love you!
Post a Comment