Hi the 3 words in the title were all questions that I asked myself. When, after my daughter Bridget, asked me to take her to the Local Hospital for the results of her blood test for anemia, we were sat down and told she had leukaemia. I think she stopped crying first and that was when I knew I didn't have to be so brave for her! More the other way around.
Although it was only a short while ago that she was diagnosed it seems like only yesterday.
I have never felt no useless and I can tell you I have been pretty useless in my time.
Where do we go from here?
I took Bridget down, with her mother and sister Rachel to the teenage cancer ward at the UCHL or University College Hospital London. Where they picked on me straight away. Yes they did, I mean fancy putting the ward on the 12th floor with windows down to the floor. You walk out of the list turn the wrong way and you are facing the whole of London, and me I'm scared absolutely of heights.
Once I got over the shock and remembered why we were there! We did what had to be done and went through everything with the staff on the ward. It was great I don't think we had ever met so many people in such a short time. New people kept popping in to say who they were , what they did etc. It was very reassuring to know that Bridget was going to be looked after. We spent as long as we could with her before starting the drive back to Colchester. Leaving my little girl behind.
I did not think of doing a blog because I had other things on my mind, as did we all. But I will update on a regular basis and fill in a few missing details as we go along. Take care and thank you for looking.
Saturday, 1 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment